- Greer has (obviously) grown up a lot in the last two months! She is sitting up, mimicking sounds, eating some finger foods, really wanting to crawl and still smiling and giggling all the time!
- Eating: she has three meals a day and five bottles. She is now fully weaned. I loved nursing and am so happy with how it went for us but I will say I've enjoyed this next stage of her being on formula. I had either a stomach bug or food poisoning in Little Rock in April and that started the process of weaning because my supply went way down. But I wasn't totally finished until this past week. As far as food goes, she eats anywhere from three to seven ounces of baby food at each meal. Some that I've made, some that I've bought. She's also eating puffs, yogurt melts and mum mums. And we've started introducing very few finger foods like cheese but she's not really into it yet.
- Playing: She has been sitting up on her own for over a month. That was a big change for us because she definitely preferred to be upright so she was in her exersaucer or the Johnny Jump Up A LOT. Now she's happy to play on the floor for long periods of time. She has also started to lunge forward for things and can pivot on her tummy. Next step... crawling! Honestly, I'm not quite ready for that yet! I am SO enjoying this stage where she can entertain herself but isn't mobile!
- Sleeping: So, my last post was when she was 5 months old and we were in the middle of sleep training. Since then we have gotten on a great schedule, totally lost that schedule, and then gotten back on it! Ha. It's funny (in a totally frustrating way) that as soon as you think you've figured things out you travel or you change one little thing that throws everything off. But for now she is napping well (about an hour and a half in the morning and two and a half hours in the afternoon!) and sleeping between eleven and twelve hours at night! I am one lucky mama.
- Growing: Well, the stats I have for now are actually from her 6 month appointment. She was 21lbs1oz (98th percentile) and was 28.5 inches long (literally off the charts). She is still barely in her 9 month pj's and mostly 12 month clothes. Her 9 month smocked dresses do still fit, though, for those of you who have prayed. ;-)
I love you, Greer! You bring us more and more joy every single day!