Monday, December 31, 2012

Two Months Old!

One day I will start posting for reasons other than age milestones. One day. But TODAY my baby girl is two months old! And that deserves an update!

- She continues to become more and more alert. She will sometimes smile at you when you talk to her, which is the best feeling ever! She has also found her tongue, which is really cute.

- She is sleeping well at night. We are definitely not on a regular schedule yet but she will usually give me a 5-7 hour stretch from 11:00 - 4:00, 5:00 or 6:00. I kiss all over her on the 6:00 days. ;-) When we get back to Nashville we are going to start a bedtime routine at about 9:00. I know I'm going to be TERRIBLE at letting her cry so we'll see how that goes. Stay tuned...

- She has learned to love being held. We have been in Little Rock for the past three weeks and the girl has hardly ever been put down. I am in big trouble when we get home. Again, I'm not good at the crying it out thing. Eek. I'm going to get very good at doing everything one-handed.

- Carolyn and I unofficially weighed her yesterday (I weighed myself and then reweighed while holding Greer) and she was 13.5 lbs!! I know other moms understand... Weight gain is so reassuring.

- There is still a great debate about who she looks like. I think the take away is that she is a good mixture and really looks like me sometimes and Will sometimes. She has one expression where she furrows her eyebrows and IS Will Peeples.

The first two months of Greer's life have been a whirlwind. We had such great help from our moms for the first month in Nashville, we had Will's family to our house for Thanksgiving, Will had finals, we've been in Little Rock for three weeks, Christmas was spent bouncing around AR visiting family, we spent two nights without power in Hot Springs, and now we have started a new year! We are headed home to Nashville on Thursday and I am really looking forward to starting our new normal.

Greer, you have already brought us so much joy. You are the greatest blessing we could ever imagine and I cannot wait to get to know you better each day. Your parents love you to the moon and back.
Love, Mommy




















No comments:

Post a Comment