Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Four Months Old!

So, I am typing this with Greer strapped to me in the Ergo from the Raleigh airport. Dedication. I am bouncing around in front of some nice businessmen because she will have none of me sitting down. So, what better time to list some things I love about her?!

- Stats... At her last appointment (which was almost three weeks ago) she weighed 16lbs 3oz and was 26 inches long. 90th percentile in weight and 99th in height. Big girl!! I need to do a little self weigh when we're home, though, because I think she's had a growth spurt since then.

- Nicknames... She doesn't know her name yet and that probably because I usually call her Goose. Or Gooseberry, sis, sweets or G. But usually Goose. She almost definitely thinks her name is Goose. I should probably remedy that.

- She is grabbing things with intention and putting them in her mouth. She'll put anything in her mouth EXCEPT for the correct end of her paci. She will, however, promptly pull the paci out of her mouth and then get mad about it. Haha.

- She has rolled from her belly to back three times! Once in Memphis, once in Little Rock and once at home. If she had just done it in Chapel Hill she would have covered all her bases. Speaking of these bases... In the last month we have traveled to Memphis, LR and made our first family of three flight to NC. She was great on the flight to NC. We are moments away from finding out how she will handle the flight home.

- We're still not on a schedule. That is my month four goal. And maybe... Just MAYBE it won't end up also being my month five goal. ;-) But right now she is sleeping through the night (about 9-10 hours) with an occasional paci replacement during the night. We're going to cry it out a little when we get home to eliminate the paci trips for mommy and daddy. Naps... She is pretty regular with her big morning nap. Other than that... We try to stay on an eat, play sleep cycle but every day is different. I want to be on a schedule with two big naps a day by our beach trip at the beginning of May. I am purposefully giving myself lots of time for that one. She's a happy girl so most schedule changes are for my long term benefit.

- She is smiling a lot. Giggling when we really earn it. She LOVES her daddy. She will just stare and stare at Will. She likes me, too, but I know that a lot of that has to do with being the food source. That's okay, though. It's nice to feel needed. ;-) She also loves her Aunt SueSue and her cousins!! They are all very entertaining!

We love you so much, baby girl!! I can't remember life without you and it has only been four months. I've hoped and prayed for you for a very long time and you are the fulfillment of so many dreams. I am so grateful that God lent you to us for our time on Earth. I will love you every day of it.























No comments:

Post a Comment