Saturday, September 29, 2012

These Are My Confessions...

Okay, I thought I'd come back strong and blog often. BUT it turns out my last two months of pregnancy are busy ones so far. So, just to record some randomness here are some of my preggo confessions...

Very occasionally I fall asleep on the couch and (gasp!) don't take my vitamins before getting in bed. Listen, it's all I can do to drag my pregnant belly the twelve steps to the bed. And we'll pretend I'm brushing my teeth in those twelve steps.

Sometimes I come back out to the couch to sleep the rest of the night ON MY BACK. I know it's a no-no. But our couch is really soft so I feel like I'm not putting as much pressure on my back when I sleep on it. I'm sure it's flawed logic but sometimes you gotta make-do. Rolling from side to side is (for some reason I can't quite figure out) one of the most painful things I do.

Greer will probably come out and immediately slap me in the face. She'll probably want payback for all the poking I do at her. Every time she rolls or kicks for some reason I feel like I need to respond by pushing back. It's automatic at this point. And I'm fairly certain that I noticed the shirt I wore yesterday was kind of dingy where she kicks a lot (and therefor I touch a lot). I'm admitting I have a problem. But on the flip side she may love it. And truly I'll never know. So let's just say she loves it. ;-)

We don't have one diaper yet and I haven't washed one piece of clothing or blanket. I am definitely not prepared for an early baby. Oh yeah, I need to pack for the hospital soon, don't I? Oh, and go see where the L & D floor is at the hospital. And pick a pediatrician. And take the car seat out of the box. Yeah, the to-do list is kind of long at this point.

I thought I was so smart and super cool for not needing to wear too many maternity clothes. And now I am QUICKLY running out of things to wear. With so little time left I will not be purchasing one more thing with a stretchy waist or rouched sides... So it is time to get creative. OR start stealing from Will's side of the closet. Hmm...

My house is dirty. I try to do something productive at home everyday but after work it is very difficult for me to resist the couch. Every time I decide to clean I end up organizing something instead. Trust me, these are not the same thing.

I have a days-left-at-work countdown. I tried to resist the urge to wish those days away but it happened. And I have 23 left! Eek!

I read that Greer's bones are hardening at this stage so I should be trying to bump up my calcium intake. I read this as: Eat more cookies so that I drink milk with them and eat more Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I'm sure that's just what the doctor ordered, though. It's fine.

Up until mid-week this past week I had started to become a pretty grumpy pregnant person. I had a hard time with the fact that all I want to do is lay around. I'm rapidly getting pretty uncomfortable and I was just generally sour about it. Then I had two epiphanies... (1) I realized that Greer and I are going to spend the next six weeks growing. A lot. So, unless I just enjoy the size I am now the last weeks of my pregnancy will all be spent being negative. Not cool. (2) I am so grateful and excited to be pregnant! It wasn't "hard" for me to get pregnant but it did require some patience and so WHY would I be a jerk about it now?! It's okay to have a bad day. It's okay to cry (hormones pretty exclusively give me that right at this point). However, it is NOT okay to spend my last months before Greer's arrival thinking of my life as hard or being negative. This baby is the most amazing gift Will and I have ever been given and I'm not going to pout about being UNCOMFORTABLE. As soon as that light bulb went off the rest of my week has been borderline blissful! Thank you Lord for a little perspective!

Okay, it is now 3:00 and time to peel myself off the couch. Happy (almost) October everyone! I cannot believe it is fall and Greer's due date is quickly approaching...

No comments:

Post a Comment