Sunday, October 7, 2012

Five Weeks Left!

Well, we are five weeks away from Greer's due date! Being able to travel has come and gone. Showers have come and gone. Visits from family before the "it's time" phone calls have come and gone. So now it feels like... we just wait. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely still things to do. AND we have two weddings for people we love dearly that I am so excited about in the next few weeks. But it does feel like we are now in the holding pattern stage. Just waiting on this sweet girl to decide it's time to meet her mom and dad.

So, just to ease some people's minds after my last post... We now have diapers! Haha. I know that made some folks nervous and so you can all rest assured that we now have 100+ newborn and 100+ size 1 diapers. Also, I am currently washing our (mine and Greer's) clothes for the hospital so we will be packed by tonight! I have charged our video camera and regular camera and they are in my bag. It's really starting to feel like she'll be here so soon!

This weekend was so special with mom, Gigi, Susan, Sug and Carolyn in town for my shower here. It meant a lot to me that my family got to meet some of my friends. Kathleen, Christin and Cameron seriously outdid themselves planning such a beautiful day for Greer and me. I have gotten SO many compliments on the food and specific recipe requests - the definite sign of a successful shower!

I just cannot get over how unbelievably blessed Will and I are as a family. As if having this baby isn't wonderful enough, this has been a time that we have been so overwhelmed by the love and generosity of our family and friends. And I don't just mean gifts (although the gifts have been amazing -please know that I'm not the fastest thank you note writer but I am truly thankful for all of the useful and beautiful things for Greer). What I'm really referring to is people's love they have covered us with and their generosity with time, prayers and acts. Sometimes I just can't process how fortunate we are. We are about to start a crazy adventure that will last the rest of our lives and I so appreciate that we are jumping off this cliff feeling so supported. Thank you all for your love. We feel it. Trust me.

I hope everyone is excited about fall's arrival and that you had a great first cool weekend! Next up on the blog will be pictures of the nursery! Yay!!

Cabs

No comments:

Post a Comment