Wednesday, October 10, 2012

To Greer

To my precious baby girl,

You are due to arrive in a month. These past nine months we have spent together, in one body, have been some of the most precious of my life. I keep fixating on how excited I am to see your sweet little face. I think I want to see your face because I feel like I know you so well otherwise. I feel you move and kick and roll, it's like we communicate already. I know that you're feisty and strong and sassy. I know that when you get the hiccups you get mad and kick around until they go away. I know that first thing in the morning you like to bump and nudge me... It's like you say good morning but you're a little groggy, too, so you don't kick as hard as usual. I know you'll be cuddly because you're very still if I rub your back when it's out against my tummy. I know that you hate when I climb stairs or walk too fast... Okay, that's probably me.

We have one month left sharing this body and I want to savor every minute of it. I truly can't wait to see your beautiful face but I also know what that day will bring... Lots of people to share you with. There are so many people who already love you beyond measure and cannot wait to meet you. So for now, while it's still just you and me, I want to tell you that this year has been wonderful and it only makes me more excited for all the years to come with you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment