Thursday, November 29, 2012

One Month!

I can't believe our little girl is one month old! She continues to be the greatest blessing I could ever imagine. Here are some notes about her first month of life:

- She is a growing girl! 8 lbs 7 oz, 20 inches at birth. 9 lbs 6 oz, 22 inches at her three week appointment. And I think she MIGHT weigh over 10 lbs now... I feel like she's grown a ton in the last week.

- She continues to have a super laid back disposition. As she's awake more and more during the day I get nervous that she'll fuss and cry more. But in actuality she is just as content as she can be. We're continuing to keep our fingers crossed, hold our breath and say our prayers about it!

- In most pictures her eyes look brown but they are actually dark blue. They could obviously still change to brown or green but right now they're blue!

- She is starting to focus on things. I can tell when she's looking right at me and I love it. She's also starting to lay on her play mat and watch the mobile.

- She's still eating well and is down to six minutes on each side. Efficiency makes mommy happy because feedings are pretty quick!

- She is SUCH a good nighttime sleeper. Last night she fell asleep at midnight and I woke her up at 5:00 to eat. I know I am crazy to wake a baby but when you breast feed and it has been seven plus hours (she had gotten an 11:00 bottle so I could sleep) then we'll talk.

- We are getting out of the house together more and more. Yesterday I even fed her in the mommy room at Nordstrom. She was great for our entire day of lunch and mall shopping. I, however, was totally worn out by the time we left.

- She's been spitting up lately. Spitting up is my least favorite thing. I know that babies spit up - it comes with the territory. But every time I think it's because I've done something wrong. But there are fifteen different things that can make her spit up and some of them just can't be helped. And she never cries when it happens so I THINK she still loves me. ;-)

- She has grown out of most newborn things other than sleep sack/dresses. Mostly she's in 0-3 month clothes now.

- Each day her life is documented on Instagram and Facebook by her overly proud mother. Sue me. I do wonder how many people have removed me from their timelines, though. I know they're out there. Ha.

Here are some of my favorite pictures that I haven't posted on Facebook. You'd think I wouldn't have any left... But you would be oh-so wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment