Monday, October 10, 2011

Memory Monday - Happy Birthday, Gigi!

Yesterday was my Gigi's birthday! Here are some photos and fun Gigi memories...

At one of my wedding parties. This is one of my favorite Gigi pics!
Silly
With all their grandkids!
My Gigi rock - she gave me this when I didn't want to leave her house one time when I was little. I still have it.
The first time mom and Gigi came to visit me in Nashville! Can't believe this was three years ago!
Video chatting with mom, Gigi and Mimi a couple of years ago. We miss you so much, Mimi.
Girls trip to the beach - one of the best times I have ever had!
  • One of the first sentences I ever said was, "I God's gift to Gigi."
  • I called Gigi in the middle of the night one night and freaked her out... because I was three. And already knew her phone number.
  • Gigi has a rather large big toe, which mom and I inherited. But it gets smaller with each generation. Really random fact but I think it's a funny thing to pass down. 
  • Something else she may or may not have passed down my way: bladder control. Or lack thereof. Anyway...
  • Every time I went to visit when I was little I slept in the bed with she and Papa.
  • She gave me a warm chocolate milk bottle at her house until I was WAY too old for it. I typed my age and then deleted it. Some things should just remain between family. ;-)
  • If you are friends with her on Facebook she WILL comment on most of your pictures. Especially if your name is Rebekah Boone. Haha.
  • She loves her sister, my Auntie Al, more than anyone else in the world and has been a great, great sister to her. 
  • She has had every shade of red hair that there is in the world. Including purple and orange.
  • I love her so much and don't know what I'd do without her!
 Happy, happy birthday Geeg!!!

1 comment:

  1. Where did my comment go? I posted it immediately after I read it. I will do it again!!!

    You are still God's gift to Gigi! You were 2 when you called Gigi by yourself, and you were 3 when you called U.S. Pizza and ordered a pepperoni pizza. You have always been brilliant!

    As for the Chocolate Milk baba, OK, I will keep our secret.

    I am thankful your big toe is just a miniature of mine, but kind of like that you have something of me.

    You have been such a joy, such a blessing, I thank God each day for giving you to us. Just thinking of you brings a smile, a warm fuzzy feeling all over your Geeg.

    You have had a profound affect on me from the moment you were born (remember the video, I made such an idiot of myself, LOL), and, just can not begin to put into words my love and adoration of you.

    You are my baby, my precious, my Sweet Caroline.

    ReplyDelete