Friday, October 7, 2011

And we're back!

The title of the blog should be read in Jimmy Fallon's voice from his Z105 SNL sketch. Just wanted to make that clear. Okay, I have been missing in action... but Will and I have had a lot going on the last two weeks! 

Two weeks ago our friend Robbie moved in with us for the month of October. We were excited to have him and almost half-way through the house guestness (not a word) things are going great. Robbie is loving Will's cooking (as he should), he dog sat Dexter for us while we were in Baltimore (penance for free rent) and we have another Arkansan to watch the Hog game with this weekend! WPS!

Last weekend we went to Baltimore to visit Mary Helen and Ben. I built the trip up a lot because I've been so excited to see MH and to visit a new place. Well, the trip totally lived up to all my expectations. We ate really great food, spent some awesome quality time with Mary and Ben, visited a really cool city and got our first bit of cold weather for the season (not really a positive but at least the initial shock is over).  Here are some pictures from the trip:

The bay about five blocks from Mary and Ben's. Gorgeous at sunset!
At dinner on Friday. So excited to be there!
Love this guy. He made me laugh the whole weekend.
On a WWII Navy ship in the harbor - really interesting tour. Can you tell I'm cold, though?
At a sports bar watching the end of the Hogs game!! WPS!!!
I swear Will and I have a picture like this from every trip we take.
Crabs at Jimmy Cantler's - DELICIOUS!
Will working on his crabs...
Mary getting after it with her mallet.
Table when we were finished with it. Full stomachs. Happy stomachs.
Walking around the Naval Academy in Annapolis. Again... cold.
The Bay Bridge. My worst nightmare. So Mary drove us over it. And back over it.
On our early flight Monday morning Will read the Southwest magazine and created this lovely dollar origami ring for me. And then he wanted his dollar back. The nerve.

All-in-all we had a super fabulous trip and I already can't wait to go back! Thanks MH and Ben for being such great hosts!

Also in the last two weeks I went on my shopping day! It was really fun. I ended up finding a fabulous pair of boots that look nothing like the ones that I showed on my preshopping post but I don't care. Because, if a pair of boots can be beautiful... these are:

Yes, those are angels singing.
So, the fabulous boots cut down my clothes budget a bit. BUT, I was also able to get a pair of pants, a long skirt, four tops and a necklace. Not bad for my budget! Thank you TJ Maxx, Target, Blush and my fairy godmother who made the whole thing possible. That sounded like an Oscar acceptance speech. Anyway, photos of all outfits will follow in a post next week.

Happy Friday everyone! If you're in NWA for the Razorback game this weekend then have a beer and yell at some War Eagles for me! Go Hogs!!!

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog and I'm from Arkansas but live in Baltimore now! We were even in Annapolis last weekend showing our families that came up around the Naval Academy. I love seeing Hog fans up here...there aren't many! WPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's so fun that you happened upon my blog. WPS!!

    ReplyDelete