Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DIY Fall Wreath - Success!

Okay, so I started what I thought was a small project Labor Day weekend and just finished it. But I love the way it turned out and it was really cheap so I am happy! I got the idea from Pinterest. I like Pinterest but I am not as obsessed and don't get as much from it as others. But I did find this fun wreath that I thought would be cute and easy to make:

This picture is, of course, better than any of my pictures.

 I like the white a lot but I wanted to make it more fall so I decided to make mine multicolored. I chose red, dark red, marigold yellow and antique white. Basically, this is how you assemble the wreath:
  • Cut circles out of felt
  • Fold each circle in half twice
  • Pin each circle to the foam wreath close enough to cover all the pins
  • Read this blog for detailed "how to" if you care/would actually like to make one
Also, the materials were pretty cheap. The felt pieces were $.29 each and I used 36 of them - total $10.44. The foam wreath was $4.99 and the pins were around $3. Total for the wreath - $18.43 plus tax. Not bad to keep me occupied during a holiday weekend. 

So, I started making my wreath over Labor Day weekend because we didn't have a lot going on and I wanted a project to keep me busy. Well, don't let the fact that there are only four bullets above fool you - this thing takes time. Now, I love working on something where I repeat a mindless process so that I can watch TV at the same time. If you do not like doing the same thing over and over again do. not. make. this. wreath. Here are photos of my progress:


Getting started...
Labor Day weekend progress.
So, at the end of Labor Day weekend I ran out of antique white. I am a dumb-dumb and I bought less of it (because they had less of it at Michael's) but I didn't use it any less. So... I waited ever so patiently for three weeks for them to get more in stock. I finally got more this past weekend and (drum roll please).....

  
Yep, still not finished. Sunday night I ran out of pins. Let's just say that was a great moment at my house. But...

 
 
I bought more pins after work on Monday and now it's complete and on my back door! It looks bigger in this picture than it really is. But I love it and am SO very glad it's finished!!

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment