Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday 9.7.11

Hello there and Happy Wednesday! Here are things I've been loving this week:

1. Welch's Fruit Snacks. Yep, I'm five years old but I don't care. I love these things. They are an easy snack and I eat two packages a day at work. *Side note: I forgot to grab any this morning and I really want some right now! Mmmm... 

2. Learning new things. Listen, I will admit that I am a little prideful at times. But, I try to always be teachable. Now, this can be a very sensitive situation when the person teaching you is your spouse. And even more so when the conversations starts with, "Can I tell you about something I saw on your blog?" Last night Will (very kindly and carefully) pointed out that I had use "i.e." incorrectly. I really meant "e.g." In case you are curious, here is the difference (this is per Wikipedia because I'm lazy and it's the easiest source - sue me): 

      i.e. - "That is (to say)" in the sense of "that means" and "which means", or "in other words", or sometimes "in this case", depending on the context. It is often misinterpreted as "in example." In this situation, e.g. should be used instead. 

So, now you have your English lesson for the day. You're welcome. And, thank you Will for telling me that in a totally non-condescending way. :) 

3. Four day weeks. Obviously this week is a four day week for everyone. Well, everyone who is not in law school with my husband. Because they had class on Monday. But I digress...  I looked at my calendar yesterday and I have three four day weeks this month! Ah... so pumped. Next Friday I am taking a day to head to LR and then on to Dallas with Rebekah for Chevis' wedding! And then the last weekend of this month Will and I are going to Baltimore to visit Mary Helen and Ben for a long weekend! So much to look forward to this month and so great that I only have one five day week of work. Thrilled.

4. Adele station on Pandora. Edie set this up for me at the pool a couple weekends ago. It seems like an obvious choice but I hadn't used Adele as a station header and let me tell you, if you like her... do it. 

5. Blog Stalking. I have written about Google Reader and how awesome it is. Now that I have the RSS app on my iPhone I am subscribed to even more blogs so that I always have something new to read. I thought I'd share some of my favorites: Ornamental Habit, Sugar Savvy, The Boone Fam, Georgia James, Suri's Burn Book (incredibly silly but so hilarious), Team Bradley, Truthful Conversations and there are many others but these are the ones that I most frequently read and that I am not ashamed to say that I stalk. ;-)

Hope everyone has a Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Honored to have you blog stalk me and receive a shout out. Mark was reading over my shoulder, and when i read the list I said, "I made it." He shook my hand in celebration. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, of course you made it! My only complaint is that you don't post ENOUGH! But I gather that you have a lot going on with that precious little boy of yours. Will I ever get to meet him, btw? We should make that happen.

    ReplyDelete