Friday, September 2, 2011

The Drive Home

(Can we discuss how awesomely random it is that I found a picture of myself driving?)
 This is so very random but it's Friday and I'm especially cheery and wanted to share my favorite part of the week... the drive home on Friday afternoon. First of all, the point of this is not to say (at all) that I am miserable all week and just can't wait until Friday. Not the case. But... who doesn't love Friday?! I know Rebecca Black does. So, without further ado this is why the drive home on Friday is the best ten minutes of each week:
  • A whole week of work is behind me. Praise God!
  • There is so much hope for what the weekend could be. I mean, no matter what is planned or not planned this could be the best weekend of my life. You just never know.
  • It's the part of the weekend that is furthest from Monday morning. It's all a downhill slope toward going to sleep on Sunday night from here if you ask me. 
  • Bonus awesome drives go to beautiful days and days when I catch an amazing song (e.g. anything Britney Spears, Katy Perry or Brad Paisley - random, I know, but these all make me sing along in the car). The best drive home I've ever had was when it was a gorgeous day and I caught a 2000's marathon on the radio so they were playing N'Sync, Britney, Backstreet Boys, etc. Amazing. 
  • Unlike other week nights I find it less inappropriate to have a beer or glass of wine immediately after walking in the door at 5:20. 
  • No matter what kind of week it has been - long or short, good or bad, stressful or not... I AM in a great mood on Friday afternoon. Fact.
  • My reference to getting home at 5:20 - I almost never work late on Fridays! Time to get the weekend started!!

So, Happy Friday everybody! The drive home today will be that much sweeter since it's before a long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment