Monday, September 19, 2011

Memory Monday 9.19.11

Breaking tradition today's Memory Monday will be about this past weekend instead of a more distant memory. As I've talked about here plenty in the last few weeks, this is a month of three day weekends! This past weekend Will and I headed to Little Rock on Friday morning for fun with family and then I kept on traveling to Dallas on Saturday for a friend's wedding. Weekend breakdown:

Will and I left Friday and started our road trip. Conversation that happened before leaving: 
Will: I'll drive.
Caroline: Are you sure? I don't mind.
Will: Yeah, it's fine I'll drive. 
Caroline: Okay, well... I will have a long day in the car on Sunday having driven from         Dallas to Little Rock that morning so I am not going to drive that day and do not want this to be held against me...
Will: Okay, you drive.
Yep, that's called marriage. Haha.

So, we got to Little Rock and dropped Dexter off at Will's parents for the weekend and then headed to Ray and Amy's for Mary Win's birthday dinner. It was SO GOOD to finally see Ray, Amy, Ada and Mary Win again! Ada has grown up so much and Mary Win looks like a different kid from the last time I saw her! We had delicious barbecue (Will and I are disappointed in the lack of good bbq places in Nashville so it was GREAT to eat some yummy Whole Hog), sang Mary Win Happy Birthday and had cake that Amy made. Here's a video of the end of Happy Birthday and Ada blowing out the candle. Ada is such a helpful big sister! So funny! 


Birthday girl in the birthday chair!!
Will and Ada eating dinner in their birthday hats .
After dinner and birthday festivities Will, Ray, Amy and I went with a group of Ray and Amy's friends to see Robert Earl Keen at Rev Room in the Rivermarket. It was SO fun to spend this time with Ray and Amy and to see friends that we don't often get to spend time with. Good times and great memories. 

Will is kind of mid-blink but the night was fun!
Fuzzy but I had such a great time with you, Amy!!
 Saturday morning EARLY SATURDAY MORNING we went to the JDRF walk with our team "We the Peeples." Will and I don't make it to this event enough but it is so fun to see friends and to come together to raise money for a cause very near and dear to all of our hearts - curing Juvenile Diabetes. In case you don't know, both Will and our precious niece Ada have Type 1 Diabetes and so we support JDRF as much as we can! It's a great organization and we especially love the group that works at the Little Rock branch. Some time soon I am going to write a guest post for Amy's blog about being married to a diabetic. But for now just know that we are committed to finding a cure - even when it means waking up super early after a fun night out!

At the Walk in our awesome t-shirts provided by the RPeeples fam! Love this new tee!

With M Dubs at the Walk. I loved holding her so much that I didn't want to give her to anyone else. Then my arms were sore the next day. True story.
When everyone set off on the walk I got in the car and headed toward Dallas for Chevis English's wedding. I stopped in Bryant, picked up Rebekah, got Chik 'n Minis from Chik-Fil-A and we were off! Not kidding, the drives to and from Dallas seemed like they took about an hour total. Rebekah and I never stopped talking and it was SO much fun! We covered every topic from her kids to my dog to our husbands leaving cups out at night so that the first thing we do every morning is pick them up to chatting fall boots! It was so great. And, for the record since I mentioned the cleaning up the cups thing, our ride was not a husband bash-fest. We really talked about how amazing out hubbies are and how unbelievably blessed we are to have them! Aaron Boone and Will Peeples = winners. And not in a weird Charlie Sheen way.

We got to Dallas and laid around, talked even more and then got ready for the wedding. After some worrying about our wardrobes (black tie optional = a little bit confusing) we were dressed and headed to the wedding. The ceremony was perfect (we discussed afterward what a great job the preacher did - it was a very meaningful but not overly-long ceremony) and Chevis looked absolutely gorgeous. Not kidding - favorite wedding dress ever. The group that was there was so fun and the night was a great mix of catching up with old friends and seeing people that I haven't seen in years. GREAT wedding, Chev! Rebekah also posted about the wedding here if you want to see more pics, including some of Chevis!



Yesterday Rebekah and I drove back from Dallas from about 9:00 - 2:00 (again, felt like 30 minutes) and then Will and I drove back from Little Rock from about 3:00 - 8:30. It was a long day in the car but the weekend was worth it

And now the countdown to Baltimore commences - more memories to be made. T-minus 10 days!!

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment