Monday, November 14, 2011

Memory Monday 11.14.11


Let's play dress up! Ever since I was a little girl I have LOVED to play dress up. I had dresses and gloves and faux fur shawls (true story) and wigs, the whole nine yards. And I loved it. Growing up I loved Halloween and I always wanted to take my costumes to the extreme. Then I got to college... being in a sorority in college is like the Mecca of getting to dress up. We had 5+ costume functions (we called them functions at AR, some people call them mixers or parties or whatever - we called them functions) every year. Heaven. 

This past Friday night my friends and I in Nashville decided to bring back the costume "function" and threw a surprise birthday party for our friend Edie... 80's style. Dressing up like the 80's is probably my FAVORITE costume theme, too. I usually go with the Flashdance/Let's Get Physical look but this time I went Madonna Lucky Star and it was awesome.

So, in honor of dressing up this past weekend here is a walk down memory lane and some of my favorite costumes...


I started at a young age - this was my favorite "glam dress" growing up. And the drawn on beauty mark was a MUST. It was the era of Cindy Crawford, after all.


Alice in Wonderland - Sophomore Year. BTW, Haley (tool girl from Home Improvement in the front) is having a baby in a month. Love it.

I was the bad witch for Kappa Rush Junior year.

I was an Indian (not PC at all) senior year. Also, you can tell its college because Brit and I are rocking crop tops. Ah... the good ole' days.
Fred and Wilma - first Halloween as a married couple. So we decided to dress up like one from the stone ages. Har har.
Cat scan. Get it? Cat scan. And the wig has nothing to do with it. Promise.
This is from Edie's party this past weekend. Ignore my face.
*I had intentions of going back to look for older costume pictures but forgot. This post is now a day late and a dollar (read: a few photos) short. Oh well. At least it's here.

Happy Monday (er, Tuesday)!



No comments:

Post a Comment