Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ketchup

It's time to play catch-up. I typed out "Catch Up" as the title of the post and it didn't seem very interesting. So I changed it to "Ketchup." Let's just chalk it up to being rusty in the blogosphere and being in a weird mood. So... I don't have any valid or exciting excuses for being MIA for three weeks. Every time I thought "I should definitely blog today" I just didn't. Simple as that. But here's what's been going on in the life of Caroline Bridges Peeples since we last chatted:

  • Mom came to town. We went and saw an awesome 70's and 80's cover band. Check them out here. And, if they come to a town near you then definitely check them out. They were amazing. We had a blast. And then we did a LOT of laying around on Saturday. I had a list of about three-days-worth of things that I wanted to do that Saturday with her and we did exactly zero of them. It was a great day, though - just hanging out with my mom is one of the most fun things I can think of doing. We had a great weekend all around.
Fuzzy pic. But you can still tell that my mom is such a babe.
  • The next weekend was the AR vs. Vandy game.  Our house was at capacity+ (11 people slept there including Will and me) and it could not have been more fun having the house that full! We had a blast showing off our fabulous city and spending some QT with friends. The Hogs' performance on the other hand... 




  • Last weekend we did almost nothing and it was the PERFECT weekend. Friday night Will cooked steaks and we hung out at the house. Saturday morning Will coached his 8 year old Ensworth basketball team. I have to say, watching him coach is surreal and really fulfilling. I am so proud of him. Then I raked our back yard (ugh) and finished some house projects. We watched the football games and built a shelf for the house that night. Church and lunch and lazing about (for me - not Will - he studied) and Sunday was over. Time for another week to begin. 


    He looks like he's yelling at this kid but I promise he's not.
    Before.
    After. Only good part of yard work - seeing the results.

And here we are. We've had friends get engaged, Will's mom in town and Will has set off for Durham - all so far this week. It has been busy but fun. So, if you have ESPNU and no plans tomorrow night - watch Belmont take on the Duke Blue Devils. If you have plans, good for you but you should be watching the Duke/Belmont game instead. Just saying. 

In blog news - I have over 7500 views now so I should probably step my game up. Here's a breakdown of my day-by-day plan that I will TRY to adhere to going forward:
Memory Monday
To Tell The Truth Tuesday (this is new and will be random things that I feel like I need to "come clean about" - like not feeling guilty for loving Twilight, HATING drying my hair, being really good at six degrees of Kevin Bacon because I have no life, you know... things like that)
What I'm Loving Wednesday
Theater Thursday 
TGIF (just randoms of what's going on in life)
Here's hoping I actually do any of this next week.
Happy Thursday!




1 comment:

  1. Gigi lloves your blogs, Gigi loves You!!! You have from the moment you were born held my heart in your hands. And, as you have said since you could talk, are "God's Gift to Gigi"!

    ReplyDelete