Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday - 8.31.11

Where have I been?! It's like I looked up and haven't blogged in a week and a half. I am going to have to figure out when I will do this in order to keep it up. I do not like being a fair-weather fan and I refuse to be a fair-weather blogger. But for now we'll just take it one day at a time. Here's what I am loving this week!

1. Reading. I am trying to constantly remind myself how much I am enjoying reading each night lately. I have been reading Chuck Colson's autobiography (which I think I mentioned several weeks ago - it's long, okay?!) and really like the book. But I also just like that I am not living in front of the TV. Well, that's not entirely true... I read on the couch, which is, in fact, in front of the TV. But I am living in front of the TV while it is OFF. That's the important part. The reason I am trying to really drive this home to my psyche is that right now there really isn't a lot of TV temptation. In a few short weeks, though... it will be a constant fight for me to avoid watching between one and eight shows a night. I really don't think it's a problem for me to watch one or two things each night but when it turns into a situation where I am recording three hours of TV on TWO CHANNELS each night... we have a problem. So, here's hoping I am able to exercise some self control and keep up my more mentally stimulating past time. 

2. Will's Sense of Humor. Okay, I know that I could list Will in my Wednesday posts every week but right now I am just appreciating how much he makes me laugh. Here, for example, is the type of marital argument we have:

Last Friday after we saw Crazy, Stupid Love at the theater Will made fun of the Twilight: Breaking Dawn poster. 
Me: You can make fun of it but I will see that movie the day it comes out.  
Will: You absolutely will not.
Me: Um, I absolutely will.
Will: Look, I don't ask for much of anything but I am honestly asking that you not be one of those people who goes to see that movie the day it opens. (Please note that Will was deadly serious)
Me: Will, this is the one where (SPOILER ALERT) they get married and sleep together and have a little vampire baby! I mean, he breaks the bed on their honeymoon. I am going to see it day one. 
Will: I have broken a bed before. But not having sex.
Me: ....um, that is the opposite of cool. 
And scene. I love my marriage.

3. Rest. It's almost Labor Day weekend - and we're not doing a thing! I am so looking forward to a little R&R and some house projects that have needed to be done for quite a while. Get excited about a new doorknob on our front door! Haha. It's the little things in life. We are also toying with the idea of putting new shutters on the front of our house. I would LOVE to do that this weekend, too. Ours now are dark green and they are starting to warp and pull away from the house. I have been thinking we would just switch to black but my mom had a great idea to do dark brown and I think that would look great with our orange(ish)-red brick. If anyone has any other fabulous ideas I am open.
 
4. Football Season! Much to a lot of my friends' disgust I am not one of those people who usually gets super pumped about football season. But this year I really am! I think the Hogs are going to be good and we get to host one of their games here in Music City! Super excited about that! I also think I'll make it to Fayetteville this year for my second home game post-college. Ugh, I have GOT to make it up there more often. Anyway, GO HOGS!!


5. HBO GO. It is a miracle that this new discovery has not ruined my reading stint but I have enjoyed watching movies and some older shows on the iPad and my iPhone. HBO GO is free to HBO subscribers and gives you free access to all the movies that are currently on HBO OnDemand as well as all the shows that have ever been on HBO. Like, every episode of every show. Amazing. Download the app immediately. 


Happy happy Wednesday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment