Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back from Vacay! And I Love Bullet Points...

I am back in Nashville and just finished my first day back at work after the long (and my extra long) weekend. Since I am generally impatient here are the bullet points:

  • I decided to skip the U2 concert in order to head to Hot Springs a day early. Shocking after how much I talked about the concert on here last week but on Thursday night I just got really impatient about going to the lake and since Will and I had to take separate cars anyway, I decided to head out on Saturday morning. It was the right decision. 
  • I left Nashville at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday. Have I ever mentioned on here that I am a morning person? I was listening to "Edge of Glory" by Gaga by 6:45 and loving it.
  • I was by the pool by 2:00 p.m. and on the boat with Haley, Brittany and Matthew around 3:00. Loving it.
  • Got to see lots of people in what I found out is called "White Bird Cove" - an excellent alternative to Skinny Dip Cove. But it was stilled Redneck Yacht Club and I loved every minute of it.
 
 
  • Sunday I got to spend some QT with Halsey by/in the pool until Will got there in the afternoon. Then it was back to White Bird for some more swimming in the sheer yuckiness that is Lake Hamilton. 
  • Sunday night dinner was late (and delicious) and then some of the boys came over to hang out by the pool late night. It was great to hang out and chat with all of them and catch up. 
  • Monday we had a brunch at Grandmamma's and it was a huge success! In true Grandmamma form I told her that we could do two egg casseroles and showed up to find out that we would be making, "six assorted quiches." Haha - and they were a hit! 
  • After brunch we had our usual game of pool volleyball, which is always competitive and fun. Will looked at me at one point and with zero irony said, "Do not mess around." I didn't but sadly my team was in the deep end, which is a HUGE disadvantage. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Because it's true. 
  • Monday night it was back to LR for dinner at the Peeples' - always delicious and fun.
  • Tuesday I ate lunch with my mom at Taziki's (yum!) so that we could catch up and hug each others' necks. 
  • Then, after lunch on Tuesday I went to Rebekah's house for FOUR WHOLE HOURS!! It was so great to be able to spend time with her and to see her kiddos. I hadn't seen them since Sawyer (her youngest) was a tiny baby that pretty much was just held all the time and now he's scooting and cruising all over the place! I loved this day and getting to spend time with the Boone fam that I love so much. Here are two pictures of me with Avery. I'm posting two because one is cuter of me and one is cuter of Avery. I am a big fan of fairness. :-)
Avery looking so precious and me being my usual Awkward Turtle self...

Avery trying the Awkward Turtle thing on for size... stick with the cute thing, Avery. :-)
  • Wednesday it was back to reality so I had to say goodbye to Will, who is staying in LR to work for six weeks (for any creepers - I have a dog, an alarm system, a shotgun and a roommate!). I'm still totally in denial (and hoping to stay that way for at least five weeks) so the goodbye wasn't as heart wrenching at it could have been/should have been. 
  • When I got back to Nashville I FINALLY put my wedding china and crystal up in my house. It has lived in LR at Will's parents' house since we got married because we have lived in apartments and actually didn't have anywhere to put it in my house until we bought a chest a month or so ago. (Read: if you gave me china or crystal for a wedding gift PLEASE know that I really appreciate it and am SO happy to have it at my house now - I did not leave it there out of apathy but rather a lack of space). But it is home and looking good now!
 
 
Whew... that was my super long weekend. And the great news is that my next weekend starts tomorrow at 5:00!! 

3 comments:

  1. Love that we made the post. Love the Bullet points. LOVE the new
    China Hutch thing!!! Love YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! Well, I really like this blog and I love you! I am constantly entertained and, don't feel so far away and disconnected when you are sharing your life with us. I am always amazed at how articulate you are, how creative you are, OK, I will just say it...how perfect you are! LOL. Geeg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and, don't forget you have to call me each night and let me know that the doors are locked and the alarm is on!!!!! Geeg

    ReplyDelete