Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

It's Wednesday!! I love when the first week after a short week doesn't crawl by so first and foremost I am loving that it is Wednesday! But, on to the more fun things...

1. To be clear - I am NOT loving Will being out of town. However, I AM loving that it's kind of nostalgic to talk to him on the phone each night. We did the long distance thing for four years and it is amazing to me how familiar talking to Will on the phone at night feels. It has been so long since that phase of our lives and relationship but it's all coming rushing back and I am actually enjoying it. I am also a silver lining kind of person so I am sure part of it is me being slightly delusional and trying to find something positive. 

I sent this picture to Will this past weekend just to say, "Hi, dad! We miss you." and I LOVE Dexter's expression.

2. I am loving Verizon Wireless! If you read my "ode to 501-425-3777" then you know that Will and I switched phone numbers. We did that because we were fed up with AT&T so we switched to Verizon. It was nerve-racking but totally paid off. My biggest issue with AT&T was that I didn't get service on I-freaking-40 between Nashville and LR unless I was driving through Jackson or Memphis. So. Frustrating. SO... we switched to Verizon and when I drove back from LR after the Fourth I listed to Pandora (streaming) the ENTIRE drive. It was heaven. 


3. I am loving that Halsey is coming to visit me this weekend! I love having friends come to Nashville because (a) it is always great to see people I miss, (b) it is always great to see people I miss and not have to drive anywhere to do so and (c) it means I have an excuse to eat at some of my favorite places! Duh, it's always about food to some degree. This weekend we will be hitting Calypso Cafe, Newk's, possibly Taco Mamacita, and we'll for sure go see Horrible Bosses. So pumped! Can't wait to see (and clearly eat with) you, Hals!!

I love this picture of us! You make me laugh, Halsey. :-)

4. I am loving my mother-in-law! She just drove through town and I got to have lunch with her (and two others) and it is so great to see her even if it is SO brief. She is amazing and I don't deserve her. Oh, and she's taking care of my husband for the next five weeks so I'm thankful for that, too. Unless he comes home spoiled rotten, which is a possibility. But I asked her if she was going to spoil him and then send him home to me and she said, "I am going to TRY to act like a normal human being." :-) I love you, Carolyn! And I love how much you love Will!


At the Red Bar. Summer 2010.

Happy Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment