Monday, July 25, 2011

Memory Monday 7.25.11


GAWGS!!
For whatever reason I am really ready for Football Season right now! Will started talking to me the other day about all the Hog games we might actually make it to this year (at Ole Miss, at Alabama, UT at Arkansas, LR game or two) and it got me fired up! Not to mention, the Razorbacks are coming to our backyard this year to play Vandy! Cannot wait for that weekend of hosting Hog fans in our (new) hometown!! So, today I thought I would reminisce about some of my favorite Razorback memories...
  • To explain the above title "Gawgs" - Benson Cashion (Rachel Cashion Rainwater's uncle who would not know me from Adam) semi-famously yells "Gawgs" before the Razorback games.... basically, after hours of tailgating "Go Hogs" slowly become "Gawgs" by game time. I love it.
  • Our senior year of high school Will and I went to a Hog game in Fayetteville with lots of friends and rode home together (just the two of us). I am pretty sure this is the weekend we decided that we "like each other" (how old am I to say that? 15?) and started dating the next week. We also took one of my favorite pictures ever... 
  • Freshman year Razorback games were so fun because each one was SUCH a big deal. The guys in fraternities had to take dates so I also feel like we got pretty stinking dressed up for those games. 
  •  Favorite games at home (just from a visiting team standpoint) Texas, USC, Alabama (post college).
  • Sitting in Steve Higginbothom's box with my mom was and is always the best way to watch a game!
  • My favorite games were always the ones where all the parents came up - mine, the Culps, the Goings, the Bryants, etc. Those weekends were such a production with dinner Friday night and huge tailgates on Saturday. And, I am aware that this is silly to even bring up because the Culps and Goings were at EVERY game.
  • Haley and Daniel got engaged the morning before a game senior year - such a fun tailgate celebrating with them that day!
  • Sophomore year - Haley, Brittany and I went to LA for the USC game. We had an amazing weekend AND met Nick Lachey at the game. 
  • Getting ready for Fayetteville games and putting together those red, black and white outfits. So fun. Still fun.
  • The last home game I went to as a student Brittany and I stayed in the stadium until it was empty. We just could. not. leave. And we took lots of pictures. Great memories!
  • I love telling people in Tennessee that I am a Razorback. Bite me Vols.
  • Going back to The Hill for the Alabama game... Amazing game and even better time!
  •  The Hogs aren't always good, sometimes they're almost great. But I love them no matter what!!
 
USC Game - With Nick Lachey
With Sooie!!

Hate to see you leave but I love to watch you go...
Loved when SueSue would come to the games!

The day Haley got engaged!
Last game - GO HOGS!!!!!!
Last game - I will miss you, Razorbacks. :-(
Back for the Alabama game - we look like such grown ups in this picture.
  
HIT THAT LINE, HIT THAT LINE KEEP ON GOING... 
Talk to you tomorrow, Hog Fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment