Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Two-for-Tuesday

I really just like the phrase "Two-for-Tuesday" so I'm not totally sure yet what I want this daily post to be about. But today I am going to just say that I am constantly blessed and amazed at the "Two-for-One" deal that I got when I married Will. I got Will as my (amazing) husband and I got Mary Helen, my best friend, as my sister. Talk about at great deal. 

Mary Helen and I became friends when Will and I first dated in high school. MH and I instantly hit it off and quickly realized how alike we are. It's funny that what brought us together back then was our similarities because now I think one of the reason we are SO good for each other is our differences. Really, I have gained a lot over the past 3+ years because of the ways the Peeples family is different from me. Will and Mary Helen both are so driven and hard working. I have learned to be busy on a Saturday instead of just laying around watching TV. I have learned to be patient and I've even started to learn about working in the yard! The list is endless and includes big and small things but I'm thankful for them all. 

Mary Helen is moving to Baltimore in two weeks and I cannot wait to visit her there. It will be hard to see her less often but the good news is that her moving shouldn't affect our standard afternoon phone call. MH and I have talked to each other almost every day after work for the last three years and I LOVE it. We catch up on our days and what's going on in LR (I usually get that news from MH because she's gotten it from her mom). It's one of the best parts of my day. Whenever our schedules are different and I can't talk to her on my way home I swear it's like I twitch in the car because I don't know what to do with myself. 

So, here's to getting two for the price of one...








Now I have to start thinking of my favorite things for 
"What I'm Loving Wednesday."



No comments:

Post a Comment